Turpin Accounting Services are looking to employ an experienced bookkeeper to join our growing family practice.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced accounting assistant/bookkeeper to undertake responsibility for various companies and become a new member of our team. The candidate will be predominantly responsible for the day-to-day smooth running of accounts on various companies. To include VAT preparation, payroll, invoicing & purchase ledgers.
- Manage day-to-day accounts processing, including sales, purchase, banking transactions.
- Reconciliation of month/end of year accounts.
- Prepare & submit VAT returns.
- Ensure all customer accounts are correct and up-to date.
- Where required providing management accounts.
- Preparation of Sole trader & Ltd Company end of year returns.
- Some data input and client interaction will be required.
- Experienced in an accounting environment is advantageous.
- Quickbooks/Xero/Free Agent/Sage50 experience would also be advantageous.
- Strong Excel and computer processing skills.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- A positive attitude and flexible approach to the role and being part of a team is essential.
- There may be some payroll/pension processing to cover holidays, but training will be given if necessary.
- MUST have AAT level 3/4 or equivalent.
- Hours: Minimum 16 hours per week.
- Job Types: Part-time, Permanent – this role may develop into a full time role.
- Salary: Above National Minimum wage, £9 per hour, could be more dependent on qualifications and experience.
This role will be office based until probationary period is passed and then a remote role throughout COVID lock down periods could be discussed. We operate with a small team, most of which are currently working from home, however the office is currently open, screens are installed between all desks to protect employees, as well as following government guidelines to ensure it is a COVID compliant and secure workspace.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy you are applying for in the subject box.